Saturday 30 October 2010

well, it ain't Christmas cake

I was wondering about this latest scare, Fed Exed to us by our saviours,
the governments of the Western world.

I'm glad they have systems for inspecting planes, passengers, baggage and parcels, however,
they might have been
just a little too intelligent this time,
or very stupid
and it almost cost some lives.
Remember, we're talking about international couriers
Like UPS & Fed ex, with 20 million-dollar planes
not Farouk's camel caravan

[you decide whether this story is too smart or US spies are too stoopid]

Here's what I mean:
1
READ THE LABEL, PLEASE
Why bother testing the package?
It was from YEMEN and going to a TEMPLE!
in the United States of the Great Satan!
D-uuuhhh!
What do you think it's gonna contain?
Matsa balls!
[You mean to tell me that US couriers have no checks??]

2
LOGISTICAL IMPOSSIBILITY

A guy walks into a courier office in Yemen and says:
"Hi, I want to send a package to a Jewish temple in Chicago!"
Employee: That's punishable by death in this fiercely Muslim country,
are you sure you know what you're doing?
Guy: Ya, man! I'm sure.
it's a Torah, or a menorah, or some sh*t like that.
Peace to the People of the Book, and all that crap.

[employee walks away and comes back 5 min. later]

Employee: Uuuh, my boss tells me that if I send this package that
the FBI will plant a video camera up my wife's pooter.
Are you out of your mind!
Half this country is unemployed, and you wanna take food off my plate?
Seven of my kids have rickets.
Guy: Well, if you put it that way, I'll just go the guys who don't ask questions.
Jeez, man.
Employee: Salam, dude. whatever.

So, either it happened, and spies were stupid enough to let such a package pass onto a plane.
Or this story is pure fiction, in which case, it's not even believable.

These are some of the imagined situations which should have happened, meaning that the media story could have been made up to scare us. Even I was scared, for about 3 hours.
It's strange timing, considering that yesterday an airline boss was telling Western governments to basically scale down the checks at airports,
and to go smoke a splif instead.

'Peace, love, dope' was the message for about 15 hours.
AND THEN, WHAM!
the evil enemy rears its snake-of-many-heads again!
That's just too convenient a coincidence for me.
So, call me suspicious.

-Costick67 ~(8^P