Sunday 23 November 2008

News flash: Philistines not aware of 'holocost'

Outnaboutcanuck sent its intrepid reporter Phil Ossified to a territory called 'occupied' to get to the bottom of this scandal:
I feel that history is more than ideas; it is alive in our minds. I was looking to discuss the ghettoisation that preceded the horror and interviewed Wadi to see what he knew. "I nothing about that. have problem. Wall take away well for watering gardens. No food." When I insisted, he started yelling "Yuala kafir %&£#**." I can only pity his ignorance.
I went further down to talk about the programme of annihilation that started slowly and led to indiscriminent mass killing. As I was talking to Jamael, we were interrupted by a plane dropping its bombs nearby. "So what about the feeling that the victims had of being lambs awaiting a slaughter?" His response was "I see if my family okay," and he tried to leave. When I insisted, he starting waving his arms and screaming "Yuala kafir %&£#**." I wish I spoke the lingo. There's a message in there somewhere.
When I wanted to talk about the camp guards in the towers who, when they saw exhausted people, even prostrate children, in the open near them, would shoot them. So I found an old man outside his home. As I started to interview him, he interjected, "Go around corner. Soldier up there. Gun is point." I didn't understand so I just followed him.
I went to talk to a moderate politician, who was removed from office at gun-point by local rebels last year, to talk about the futile uprising that was crushed in the ghetto. However, I could not get through to him, it seems. All he kept saying is "What to say. Those bastards no trust democracy. I elected. They talk about anti- fata all times! Shoot gun. Is bad." I wondered openly if that was a local dish they were talking about, because I was kind of hungry. He replied "Get out of hhheeeerrr!" There is simply no time for learning or cooking here, it seems.
In the town square, I wanted to discuss the so-called 'last solution', but the curious crowd around me scattered as a jeep sped towards us. It seems that it was an out of control 4X4, because it mounted the pavement and didn't seem interested in avoiding the pedestrians. I was shocked at the poor driving skills in this place. I'm sure he'll lose his license for that. And, just when I was about to reach a breakthrough.
Altogether, I have found it true that these philistines have no idea about one of the most horrible episodes in human history. I suppose for their part, the British and even the Germans have been sensitised. They've learned that if they could put themselves in the place of the minority which is in their control, they would not do such a thing again. The minority are not animals or pawns to an -ism, after all. It is certain though that if aggressors, and victims, do not understand this message of history, they are bound to repeat it.
[see: A. Karpf 'Islamofascist slanders' Guardian Tues 4 Nov 2008 p30]